Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Checklists and Registry

I've made checklists all my life; school lists, homework, wedding lists, work work, to do lists, chore lists, and NOW - BABY CHECKLIST!

Our bundle of joy is due mid May and being the planner I am, I've already begun a checklist of baby items I think I'll need/want.  I didn't know where to start when building my list so I leaned on pregnant friends and familiar baby sites for help.  Although you can find checklists online - please see Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby (associated with Bed Bath and Beyond) registry checklists - they seem to make me think I NEED one of everything available!  I know from putting on a wedding that what I feel comfortable with and know all the basics are covered I'll be just fine but worry sets in when I look at my newly developing baby registry and find it covers only a fifth of their list.  Will I need more?  I guess only time will tell. 

A friend of mine, who is due in February, asked on her blog what baby bare necessities she'll need.  See some of the comments she received here from her friends and family.  Babies R Us highlights some helpful hints when developing a registry here

So after reading some reviews and hearing advice from everyone, I began to assemble my registry to keep my thoughts in one place.  These thoughts ranged from what strollers I wanted to test drive to collect wonderfully reviewed items I'd heard on talk shows/radio/ or in books to various other suggestions I had been given from family, friends, and coworkers.   My handy list currently resides on Amazon - if I were to register on Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby, items would be limited to their price and their stock, where as Amazon uses other vendors so they seem to have more competitive prices and a wide variety of available items. 

So here I am, back at the list making.  This time instead of first dance songs and cupcake flavors it's baby baths and best swaddlers!

I love this time in my life and am really excited everyday to experience some new bodily happening to the change in my husband's conversation topics. 

If you have any BABY MUST HAVES, I'd love to hear what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment