Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sunday Night Dinner

This post is a little delayed, oopsie! 

Sunday, 1/4/10 Recipie: Chinese - Chicken Lettuce Wraps

This Sunday I made:

Sunday, January 31, 2010
From: Martha Stewart online

Farfelle with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese*
makes about 4 servings
total prep time: 10 minutes
total cook time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
12 ounces farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
2 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into small pieces (plan on using more)
1/4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (I used fresh rosemary)
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces

Instructions:
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. 
Add onion to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.  (I kept it on a low flame so the onion softened)
Add cream cheese, dill, capers, and salmon to pasta. 
Toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats farfalle (you may not need all the water). 
Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve. (I topped it with a little Parmesan!)

What I thought:
I think I'll use baked salmon next time.  The idea is on the right track and the flavors are great but the smoked salmon is a little over powering.  I didn't get seconds, lets put it that way!
You'll want to eat the dish right away - if it sits it becomes sticky, so you can either use more pasta water or more cream cheese to keep it saucy!  

*I was lazy and forgot to download my photo, so I used the one from the Martha Stewart website

No comments:

Post a Comment