Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to school.


We're going back to school. That’s right, both Nolan and I are heading back to the classroom to get learned.

The US Coast Guard accepted Nolan’s application last week for a merchant mariner’s license.  Meaning he’ll be traveling to Memphis, Tennessee to study at The River School for a series of tests that will result in his Steersman of Towing Vessels  - Western Rivers license, the first license in a series he’ll need before making Captain!  His classroom work will take place the week leading up to his tests, a total of four scheduled for May 6th and 7th.  The River School’s website says, “The River School focus[es] on providing individual rivermen with personal support in dealing with regulations, applications, and examinations.”
I too was accepted into school at the Illinois Institute of Art – Chicago.  My first of two classes was yesterday, Computers For the Arts, a computers based class focusing on software and programs used in future art classes.  Photoshop will be the primary program we’ll be tested on.  Other skills I hope to learn include web design and some HTML code which I am excited about.  So begins my first quarter back to school!  It only took about 10 minutes for my nervous butterflies to escape.
Meanwhile, I am in full swing of stationary design.  On my plate are two wedding invitation suites along with some Mother’s Day cards and Baby Announcements!  What a life I live while Nolan’s on the river!

No comments:

Post a Comment